Thursday, February 07, 2013

February 7

February 7 is a VERY special day for me.

I remember sitting in my dorm room while a young man explained to me what Jesus meant to him, and how He meant more to him that anyone else on the planet. That night, I said a prayer, and my entire outlook on life this side of Heaven changed.

I can't believe (in some ways) that it's been sixteen years. In some ways it feels like it was yesterday. I can remember where I sat, what my room looked like, and what that moment felt like. It was (by far) the best decision I've ever made.

In other ways, I can't believe it's been 16 years. So much has happened since then. I've switched jobs, moved, met a lot of people, I think the list can go on and on. *grin*

I don't know anyone else who holds onto the anniversary quite like I do. Then again, most people I know who are Christians have been one since they were young. I was 24 and still in college. There's quite a difference (I believe) when that change happens at that age.

I KNOW that He has saved me on more than one occasion, in more than one setting. I could tell story upon story. I won't though. *grin*

If you don't know Jesus and want to, message me. I would be happy to share how He's changed my life and how He can change yours.

Just like that young man did with me, I don't believe in pushing Jesus down your throat. I do believe in sharing what an incredible person He is, and what He has done for me.

I promise you, I wouldn't be where I am today without Him.

Not a day goes by that I don't thank Him for bringing that young man into my life 16 years ago.

It was the day that changed my life forever.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GOOD.

No comments: