Sunday, March 17, 2013

Prayer for the Limp *giggle*

Today was a lot of fun, as I spent the afternoon in the Prayer Room. Matt Gilman led worship, which was probably my favorite part of the afternoon. *grin* As I left the Prayer Room, something happened that I wanted to blog about.

This has happened several times over the years at IHOP-KC, but not in quite a while. Before I moved here and visited, I would be stopped often to have people pray for my limp. Over the years, my philosophy of praying for the leg has continually changed.

Now, I have a system. Do I believe Jesus can heal me in a moment? SURE DO!

However, he keeps speaking to me that ALL THE LITTLE PRAYERS ADD UP. *grin*

So, tonight, as I was leaving a young man ran after me to pray for me. I hadn't seen him before, so he's either new or a visitor. By now, I tend to know the regulars. *grin*

He asked if he could pray for me, and I said yes. *grin*

Next, he led with a question I hate: WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?

I knew immediately it was going to take some talking before I let this guy pray for me. Part of this journey has been learning how NOT to pray for healing. *grin* I feel most people's hearts are in the right place, but the knowledge of praying for people is one that seems to be lacking. So I took a moment to talk to him.

I replied to his question with, "Nothing's wrong with me."

He was somewhat taken aback with my reply, and then he said, "Well, I mean, how can I pray for you?" Lesson learned for that young man. *grin*

That led to a short discussion on CP, which someone he's related to has so he thought he was pretty familiar with it. I was fine with it, as long as he didn't view it as something wrong with me.

He prayed, I received. *grin*

Next, I told him that I've been prayed for a lot over the years, and He laid it on my heart to pray for those who have prayed for me. So, I prayed, a word came forth, and then I prayed again. At the end, he said, "Wow, I didn't expect that."

RIIIGGGHHHHTTT.

He expected to pray, for healing immediately, and for me to walk straight.

When I was younger, I just let them pray and walked off.

Now I am speaking up, and doing what He tells me to do! *grin*

As a side note, I've been praying for my voice to return since BEECH Road.

Clearly He's answering that.

After all, every little prayer adds up. *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
GOOD.

No comments: