Thursday, September 12, 2013

Legos, My Schedule, and Walks

Today was really good. I am going to limit my post to three highlights, although I will admit it was REALLY good and I could post quite a few more. *grin*

The first highlight was that my schedule was changed a little today, and it is going to ROCK in my world. I will spare you the whys and hows, except I will say that I'm going to reach MORE students in the time I have to teach! *grin* This is BEYOND awesome!

The next highlight today was at the end of the school day. I was teaching multiplication to one of my fourth graders, and God gave me an idea! I was using tiles at first to explain why I'm teaching it, and then it hit me THE KID LOVES LEGOS! I turned to him and thought, "Why didn't I think of this before?" *grin* While I don't have a ton of legos (and that will be fixed this weekend) I had enough to make 12 sets of TWO legos. He started getting it. He doesn't TOTALLY get it, but don't worry, he will. I gave up my plan time today to try to get it done, but he was done about 3:30. He had worked hard today, and I let him have some lego time in my room after that. *grin* I can't wait to start tomorrow again with him. I LOVE my job this year! *grin*

The final highlight came after school. We started our walking & jogging club today, and I am walking in it. We had our health screenings today, and I have new motivation to walk. *giggle* So today I got out there a little late because I have car rider duty at the end of the day. It was a nice day, so I had looked forward to it all day.

I started walking and students would go right past me, and I'd yell "Way to go runners!" Not everyone was running, but several were. Then one of the youngsters that I have in car rider duty came over to walk with me. I walked and talked with her for quite a while, and then I offered to let her go ahead. She said no. I noticed that she was looking at the limp, and I told her, "I was born like this." She told me that was okay and that it's good to be different. I told her that she had it right, that being different is cool! *grin* We walked the rest of the time together, and talked as we walked. I LOVED it. It made me look forward to our next club day. *grin*

On a side note, my ME MOVES band showed that I have walked a total of 5 miles today. Woohoo!

So, today was really cool. Between my schedule, legos, and the walking/jogging club, it was a really good day.

Now I'm going to read my book. *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
GOOD.

No comments: