Monday, July 14, 2014

Term 5, 2014, Part 3, Falls

One thing that I didn't expect to happen this past week was the amount of actual falls I made throughout the week. Typically I fall one time, maybe two, during a week out at camp. During Term 5, I fell a total of 5 times. It wasn't elegant, or fun, but it was something worth sharing.

Before you ask, yes, I did everything Woody and Zartie taught me. A few times I started to fall, caught myself, and didn't fall. At the same time, I fell more times than I wanted to, and my legs show it.

Here's the thing, I don't share this for your pity.

I share this because it's one part of me. Part of me is that I fall from time to time. On our last night of camp, I fell twice. Both of the falls were because the ground changed surfaces, and I misjudged it.

I'm fine.

I'll survive.

On about my third fall, I started seriously talking to the Lord about it. I was embarrassed each time I fell in front of people.

Then He reminded me of something.

What's important is that I get back up again.

I move the dirt off me.

And keep going.

Then I thought about it even deeper. I can think of several people I know that are staying down, as they are in a battle. I get that, but they are staying down.

He reminded me, I may fall but I always get back up.

ALWAYS.

So, perhaps this is something you needed to read tonight. *grin*

The beauty of camp was that I wasn't the only one that fell last week, and all of us at camp got back up again. INCLUDING one of my staffers who hurt her ankle.

Thank You, Lord.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!

No comments: