Friday, September 19, 2014

When You Teach...

...sometimes you feel as if you live with the people around you. I guess in some ways, we do during the day. I have a few that I spend many hours with during the day. I enjoy each kid in a slightly different way. It's hard to describe, but when you have IEP goals to meet, I work with them on academic tasks all day long. They may not be thrilled about it, but typically they will do it for me. *grin*

This morning it truly hit me how much time we spend together when I was talking to a student. At one point, he said, "Focus!" just like I do. The next phrase out of the student's mouth was, "You can't make this stuff up." Okay, so apparently he is listening to what I say. *grin*

I got to thinking about it though, and that's just what kids do.

Just when you think they're not listening, they are doing just that!

I laughed as the students went on to say all my phrases.

I love my job. And hearing me quoted back to me?

AWESOME.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GOOD!!!

No comments: