Saturday, September 20, 2014

THE MAZE RUNNER *****

In 2009, I received the book, The Maze Runner by James Dashner, from a teacher friend on staff for Christmas. I must admit, I was PUMPED to have a new book to read. Her words to me were, "I heard it's a lot like The Hunger Games." That made me REALLY excited to see it, as I LOVED The Hunger Games Series. *grin*

From page 1, I was absorbed in the story about Thomas being placed in The Maze. From start to finish, I loved the book. Truthfully, I liked it better than The Hunger Games, as it was more suspenseful. *grin*

When I heard they were making a movie out of it, my first question was, "How will they do that?" There were so many things I could picture in my mind, but wasn't sure how they would come to life on the screen. However, it made me excited for the movie to open Sept. 19th. Today, I got to see the movie, AND LOVED IT!

I don't want to give away too much, as you might still be reading the book, but I will say, they did a GREAT job sticking to the book. I loved it! *grin* At one point my hood was over my head and I was silently cheering on the characters, even though I knew what was coming. *grin* It. Was. AWESOME.

So, I strongly suggest you go see the movie. Oh, but read the book first. My friend that went with me hadn't finished the book, and I felt bad that she saw the movie first. She was questioning me when it was over, about the ending because it's wide open to pick up with THE SCORCH TRIALS. *grin*

Read first.
Movie second.
You'll be glad you did.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!

No comments: