Thursday, September 11, 2014

"You're Never Allowed To Be Gone Again!" *grin*

The past two days have been quite a little ride in my classroom. Yesterday (Wednesday), my para was out all day. It is early in the year, and I didn't think it would be a big deal for her to take the day off to be with her girls for their tennis activities. I learned quickly during the day on Wednesday how much I truly appreciate her. She does so much for me that it's like we're finally in a routine, in a place where we know what each other needs and wants. It's precious.

So, she was at the Bible Study I attended last night, and I told her, "You're never allowed to be gone again!" She laughed, and so did I, as we both know the nature of my classroom. It's a lot of fun, but it's also A LOT of work. *grin* Having one less adult makes a difference in there.

So, today I had a sub for the afternoon because I had a doctor's appointment right in the middle of the afternoon. (I'm fine, it was just a checkup.) I actually stayed at work to get things done (a teacher's job is never done.) so I was in and out of the room working with the students. I left and went to my appointment and came back to get the scoop on what happened and gather my homework. It was quite a day.

As I was walking out of the building with my para, she said something that has had me smiling all evening. She said, "I love Lindsey (my sub), she did a great job, but YOU'RE NEVER ALLOWED TO BE GONE AGAIN."

We both laughed.

We make a good team, and I'm blessed to have her in my life.

I also knew exactly what she meant.

*giggle*

LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.

No comments: