Monday, October 27, 2014

Speaking to Southern Students

I took today off work to speak to students at MSSU. I do this once per semester, and today I spoke to the 11am class. There were about 50 people in the room, as two classes are combined for my presentation. I spoke on living life this side of Heaven with CP, and how that shapes my classroom today. I'll be honest, I LOVE sharing with college students. I think the more college students can gain prior to being in the classroom and having situations arise where they think, "Um, they didn't teach me this in college", the better. *grin*

Afterward, I went out for lunch with the professors. That's been an unexpected blessing that I never would have predicted when I started sharing at MSSU. I consider the ladies to be wonderful friends, and I enjoyed chatting with them at lunch. I also got to share with them about my favorite book of all-time! They will be getting mail!!! *grin* You know me, I LOVE BOOKS!

Today was a lot of fun.

Truthfully, I'm looking forward to being with my students tomorrow too.

But, don't tell them that. *giggle*

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.

No comments: