Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Love the Skin You're In

Wow! It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving Break is upon us! I'm LOVING this school year, as my students are the highlight of my day, everyday. Each of them brings their own little spark to my life, and I can't imagine my life without each one of them.

That being said, I am in need of some relaxation. The weirdest part of that statement is that I have several reports to write and perfect, however, that can (somewhat) be done on my own timeline. Time to balance work and fun for the next several days is exactly what I need. Words cannot express how excited I am for this break. *grin*

So, the first thing I want to do is write a blog post about something that has been rolling around in my head for about a month. I don't believe that I've hit a final thought on it, but I do feel it's time to share my thoughts. I'm hoping it will inspire you as I ponder it with God. *grin*

I watch people all the time.

No matter where I am, I enjoy watching people.

Sometimes I silently pray for them, and sometimes I silently ask the Lord for downloads about that person. Sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't, and I'm fine with that.

Ultimately, what I'm looking for are people that love the skin they are in.

The place I truly see this the most is out at camp. The campers that the Lord has given lives of challenge like themselves more than any other individuals I've met.

That being said, God uses me to encourage people to love the skin they are in. We are each given one life this side of Heaven, and I think it's a waste of time to hate what God has given us to live in.

I love who God made me to be. I'm not perfect, but I am perfect in who He made me to be. I trip and fall, but I also get back up. I refuse to allow myself to stay down when I fall. I also know God is using me in the lives of my students. Within that, I know that having a limp and CP is just fine because He knew I could walk out life this side of Heaven with it. I truly believe He gives special people special challenges. *grin* I'm determined to carry myself in such a way that people don't pity me, but accept me as a person, not as LESS of a person. *grin*

So do you love the skin you're in? If not, what's holding you back?

God put you in the skin you're in.

While you didn't choose it, He knew it was perfect just for you.

Every little detail within you, from your physical appearance to your personality, to your strengths and challenges, He put them within you.

Life is too short to sit there and list out your weaknesses.

Sit and ponder the AMAZING things He put within you.

If you run out of that list quickly, text me or message me. I will tell you what good is in you, because I'm always looking at your strengths instead of your weaknesses. Life's too short to focus on what you don't like or cannot do.

Focus on the GOOD He put in you.

You'll be amazed at what YOU will find. *grin*

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.

No comments: