Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Matt

Today I woke up SUPER early and made a whirlwind trip with my brother, Jeff, to Joplin to support my family as they laid to rest one of the neatest young people I've been blessed to know.

It has been several years since I've truly hung out with Matt, but that doesn't mean I think losing him at the age of 26 was easy for anyone. In fact, today my AMAZING family had the hardest day of their lives. Knowing that broke my heart. I spent ten years in Joplin, and those first few years I spent a fair amount of time with Matt and his brother Josh. I actually kid-sat them when they were at the age of needing a sitter. Obviously, they outgrew that need, and I just enjoyed hanging out with them as they got older.

The thing I remember most about Matt is his laugh.

Matt was always laughing or telling a funny story when I was around him.

I remember so many times he would make me laugh so hard I broke out into the silent laugh.

He was a genuinely happy person.

Today, at one point during the service, I pictured Matt coming out of his casket and saying, "Come on, let's have some fun!" That's just how I remember him.

I'll be praying in the days and weeks to come as my family misses the amazing Matt.

I believe that losing people is the hardest part of living life this side of Heaven.

The good news is, we will one day be united. *grin*

Matt, thanks for all the laughter and love. We all miss you already.

Dear God, please strengthen my family. Life this side of Heaven is difficult because we can't see Matt until we're with You. So please give everyone what they need to walk out their lives on this side of Heaven. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Life is still good, because I know I will see Matt again one day in Heaven. I also know that Matt would not want us all to stay sad because he's gone. I realize we need to walk through the emotions in a healthy way, but I also believe that after that, he wants us to live life to the fullest. I also believe he would want us to have fun while we do it too.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GOOD.

No comments: