Thursday, July 09, 2015

MIxed Blessings

Every Summer, one of my favorite young adults comes to visit for a couple days. He's now almost 15. Ohmygosh, I can't believe it. So, I have been looking forward to today all week. I have a few plans made for us, and it should be a lot of fun.

The ride to meet his family to get him, turned out to be more eventful than I ever expected it to be, and it turned out to be a mixed blessing sort of trip, I think.

We had planned to meet in Nevada, Missouri, which is halfway between where I live and Dinosaurguy lives. So, Nevada is a perfect meeting spot.

I made it to Nevada fine.

As I was en-route to McDonald's, a truck pulled out in front of me.

HE HAD A STOP SIGN. I did not have a stop sign, light, or anything.

I literally looked in their faces as they were in front of me and there wasn't anything more I could do than slam on my brakes and turn. I hit the driver's side door with my front end.

My initial thought (honestly): NOT AGAIN.

I have only had my car 2 years. I've now had 3 accidents. I'm not a bad driver, these things just happen. My 2006 car didn't have one accident. My 1999 car only had one accident in 2006. Seriously.

So, the excellent news is that no one was hurt. We were all a bit shaken, but no one was hurt.

I called for an officer to come file a report, he agreed (and put in the report) that the fault was the other driver's.

I called the insurance company and will get to pay my deductible and will eventually be reimbursed. I hope.

My accident in January 2014 was supposed to end with me being reimbursed, and I'm still waiting on that one.

But, it's just a car.

Okay, yeah, I'm bummed, I won't lie. I work SO HARD for it, and then the accident happened AGAIN.

However, life goes on.

Tomorrow I get a rental.

I get to spend the next 2 days with one of my all-time favorite people.

And eventually I will get my blue car back.

Yeah, it's mixed emotions but that's okay.

This side of Heaven that's part of the whole experience.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.

No comments: