Saturday, September 12, 2015

Quote of the Week

This past week was a short week, but full of plenty of laughter.

I have to admit, my favorite part of the day is working with my students and seeing them accomplish something they don't think they can do or have to work very hard to do. This week it was two-digit-by-two-digit multiplication. There were moments of hitting my head against a wall, because I wanted to try new ways to reach my students. It wasn't their fault, they were trying, and I wasn't being effective. Then I had a couple moments of "you're getting it!" I'm in this for the long haul, so while it may take a while, I am confident all of my multiplication students will get it.

In the midst of that, I have a few new kids that I'm figuring out. I must admit, the new kids are an amazing and make me laugh. I keep an old composition book behind me on my marker board tray to capture the moments with the kids that I will forget if I don't write them down. I have added a few this year, and they are great.

My favorite quote of the week came from one of those new students yesterday. After I told him it was time for him to leave my room, he said, "I don't want to go back. I wish you were a teacher-teacher, not a Learning Center teacher."

I laughed and took it as a compliment.

I have the best job on the planet.

I adore those kids.

Seriously.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.

No comments: