Saturday, February 13, 2016

TRUST

I was getting ready for work the other day, and I was listening to my usual morning show. You might be surprised to hear that I still listen to the radio, as so many of my posts have to do with the music I listen to and how it's mostly Praise and Worship. Truthfully, the local Christian Station plays a lot of Praise and Worship, so I still hear that. At the same time, I have been listening to the same morning crew since I moved here. I have been blessed by them repeatedly, and they don't even know who I am. I think that's amazing, they're just doing their job but this gal who is preparing to go teach little people with various challenges with learning, definitely speak into my life and give me perspective as I do what He's called me to do this side of Heaven. One morning this week, they had Tim Tebow on their show. I knew he's a famous football player who is vocal about his love for Jesus, but that's about all I knew about him. He said some things that made me stop in my tracks and listen. Totally.

Now I want to share that with you. First a little background...

Every year, Valentine's Day is a mix of emotions for me. I've had a boyfriend (one long-term) and have dated, but none were who He had for me. Some people have asked if I'm homosexual, and no I'm not, trust me I like men. *grin* I don't hate those who are homosexual, that's just not the lifestyle for me. *grin*

So, every year this love holiday comes around, and I do this whole, "Really? What about me?" thing. HOWEVER, I never stay there. I am a happy gal, who goes through phases of wondering when my turn will arrive, but am also honestly happy with this furry kid who is constantly touching me. Right now, for example, he is asleep at my feet. We don't fight, argue, and I can spend money without checking with someone. Sometimes I even think that if I had someone the adjustment might be too hard. *grin* I can't win, can I? *giggle*

Then God gave me a perspective through Tim Tebow that has challenged me, and given me freedom on a level I haven't had before. *grin*

When Tim was asked if he was single, he admitted that he was and when he was asked about football, he said he was okay with not playing right now too. Both questions were something I had wondered when they said he was coming on the morning show. What followed has had me pondering all week. I'm going to paraphrase what he said.

Basically he said that we're to TRUST God. If we're truly living out the life we're called to live in Him, we can't say we trust Him, and then question Him. His plan for my life is better than anything I could ever dream or imagine. Honestly, I didn't plan on living out these years with a dog, I had planned a husband and kids. HOWEVER, if that had happened, I know things wouldn't have fallen as He wanted them to, and I wouldn't have had the experiences He had for me. I think about camp, church, Jay (the furry kid), and how different my life would have been. I am so glad I was saved and have walked out the life I have lived this side of Heaven. Tim went on to say that His life for me is far better than what I have for me. In Tim's world, that means he has a new foundation and last night was "Night To Shine", and that means more to him than football. I get what he was saying there, as people in my little corner of the world mean so very much to me. Truly. It isn't a huge foundation, but it's camp kids, adults, and my own little village. I am blessed.

I still want a companion, don't get me wrong. But, the more I've thought about it, the more Tim is right. I can't trust God and question Him all at the same time.

I have lived my life solely for Him the past 19 years, and He hasn't let me down.

I trust Him.

If He has someone for me, it will happen.

TOTALLY.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.



No comments: