Sunday, January 01, 2017

January 1, 2017-A New Year of Possibilities

I sit here this evening with a blank page in front of me, amazed at what He's done in me the past few days. Truly.

Parts of me cannot believe that it's 2017.

I am sure I sound like a broken recording (can't say record anymore, kids don't listen to those anymore. :-)) as you read those words. I mean, isn't that part of life, the older you get the faster life flies by? I'm still young, relatively, and yet each year seems to fly by.

I've been deep in thought lately over the human experience. I have sometimes wondered if that's because of my age, but I know that it's not just my age because I am a deep thinker. That has plusses and minuses, but it is how He made me. :-)

I am amazed, as it feels like just yesterday I graduated high school.

Or just yesterday I was in college at Pitt State.

I've been a teacher for 17 years and it doesn't feel like it's been that long.

I was reminded last night that time typically goes faster when I'm having fun and not looking at a clock. That's not always true, but most of the time it's true for me.

The past four days flew by, with some AMAZING encounters in the Lord. I went into Onething2016 with expectation of meeting Him, but didn't know how much new material He would deposit into me. However, He went above and beyond what I ever expected. Truly.

I think sometimes experiences in the Lord cannot be explained in words because they're not supposed to be explained. Encounters with Him are to transform us, build us up, and draw us nearer to Him. After that, we're to go out and share His love with those around us.

As I was typing this, my amazing friend Karen came in the living room and we shared about 5 hours of chat time. Gosh, I love how we solve all the world's problems together. *grin* She has headed home, which is always so bittersweet, but I always remember that friends must leave in order to come back. *giggle*

2017.

I don't know, I'm not really a gal that does resolutions. For me, it's a set of things that I never follow-through with and then feel bad about. However, I am praying over a few things. Some of which I won't share with you, as it's private between me and God, but here are a few I will share:

1. I am praying that I will get to know more people this year. Friendships are very important to me, so I am praying for more amazing, Godly friendships. *grin*

2. I am praying that joy will abound in my classroom, and the atmosphere will be full of joy.

3. I pray I draw nearer to Him. I'm closer now than I was a year ago, and am praying to grow even closer to Him in all I do.

4. I'm praying for physical health. Nothing is wrong, I just want to lose a few pounds, and be more energetic. Walking, biking, listening to Him as I do both of those things. That will be awesome. *giggle*

There is more, but I'll stop there.

2017.

Possibilities.

Breakthroughs.

Love.

Joy.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.


No comments: