Wednesday, March 22, 2017

The Shack *****

This afternoon I went with two friends to see the movie, "The Shack". I give it two thumbs up, or five stars, or whatever your system is for movies. It was the BEST movie I've seen in a LONG time! *grin*

I read the book in 2008, and I devoured it! It is still on my nightstand, not because it speaks to me more than the Bible, but because it took the Christian Life and put it into modern terms. Now, don't misunderstand, IT DOES NOT replace the Bible. Period.

I will say, God used it in my life to draw me closer to Him in the midst of the hardest season of my adult life.

Due to the depth of the book, I went into the movie today with low expectations.

Fortunately my low expectations were blown outta the water! *grin*

Sometimes Hollywood takes books and makes them into something that is NOTHING like the book. And sometimes Hollywood makes Christian movies so far out there, I'm embarrassed to be a Christian. (Sad to say, but true.)

I am SO GLAD that I wasn't let down.

This movie did an incredible job of putting life into perspective, which is something I absolutely love! *grin*

I could tell you what touched my heart, but I want everyone I care about to go see it.

It's not "turn or burn" Christianity.

It's love.

That's what we're called to, to love each other unconditionally. *grin*

Run, don't walk, to see it.

You won't be disappointed.

By the way, I want to see it again. If you wanna go, message me. *giggle*

You won't regret it!

*grin*

Life.
Is.
AWESOME.

No comments: