Friday, July 28, 2017

Perspectives from Above

Sooooo, normally my vacations each year include Camp Barnabas and Onething. About two weeks ago my friend from college invited me to Houston to see her. I initially said "no, thanks" but then over time, it was clear I was supposed to go. I'm blogging from Houston now, and am SO VERY GLAD I took this trip. I'm also excited that I still have two full days here. *grin*

I'll admit, I was nervous to fly. I can't explain what has happened this summer in the area of heights, but something has changed. When going up high escalators or stairs, I have frozen three times this summer in separate events. This is new because normally stairs don't bother me at all. This Summer I've really had to pray through it, and have made it every time but I can't say it's been easy. It's actually been challenging, and He has had to guide me through it. That being said, I thought flying may mean another freeze. Thankfully, I was WRONG. *grin*

Yesterday, I boarded my first flight in YEARS. I honestly think it was early 2000's when I flew last. Things have changed a smidge since I flew last time. *grin* I knew that, I watch the news, but relied on Scienceguy to guide me through various aspects of the ticket procedures, as well as what to do upon the day of departure. I'll admit it, I was excited and nervous all at the same time. *grin*

So, upon boarding I chose a window seat. I just felt at peace with it, and put some tunes on. (We had a crying baby on the flight right behind me, so I was thankful for the headphones.) I found myself wanting to look out the window. I thought I'd be nervous, but I wasn't. (Thank You Bethel Music Group!) Once up high, I was amazed at what I saw...

It was a beautiful mix of sun, blue, and white clouds in various shapes. In fact, one cloud looked like someone on a throne. It was pretty amazing. We were moving so fast I didn't get a good pic, but it is etched into my memory. It was amazing.

We touched down in New Orleans before making the final leg of the trip to Houston. I unexpectedly found myself HAPPY that we were flying into sunset. It was BEAUTIFUL. I took a pic, it was SO AMAZING.

It made me ponder how little we are and how big He is in the whole grand scheme of things. I can only imagine how He holds the world in the palm of His hands. Being up high showed me how small we are, and it humbled me more than words can explain. *grin*

I even enjoyed both landings, as I got to see what was once small become real size again.

Talk about something that makes you ponder God... It's right up there with babies being born. You can't explain it in words, but it's beautiful.

While up there, I did ponder the families who have lost loved ones in the past 3 years. We've lost some AMAZING people to Heaven. However, if Heaven is what I think it will be, they got the better end of the deal. *grin* I silently prayed for the families that I know that had lost loved ones as teens. Gosh, life can be a challenge in and of itself, then you add losing offspring and I can't wrap my head around how hard that would be this side of Heaven. I felt peace for those who are in Heaven and prayed for those families to have peace too.

Today we got up and went to the Gulf and sat on the beach. Another moment of feeling small in the big scheme of things, but in a good way.

He makes beautiful bodies of water and sunsets. *grin*

Two days left, and I can't wait to see what He has in store for me here.

Blessed.
Totally.
LIFE IS AWAESOME. *grin*



No comments: