Friday, August 25, 2017

A Moment Worth Remembering

So, I am exhausted tonight, but wanted to document something from today because it's worth remembering. *grin* I need to give a little back story first though. One year ago, God gave me three little people who required A LOT. Truthfully, I prayed A LOT this Summer because last year (school year) was my hardest year in teaching. As usual, it wasn't one kid or one thing, it was everything piled on top of another thing on top of another thing on top of another....okay you get the idea. *giggle*

I was given three, and one more was added to the mix in May, meaning I had four students who required A LOT more than I could ever give. He guided me and my co through it the best we could, but we went home tired and I kept praying for strength and guidance. He got me through last year, but gosh a lot of prayers were lifted up so we didn't repeat last year.

Today I saw a GLIMPSE of all those prayers answered.

I had four of my boys, and we've been working through the routines of the room, and I had ALL FOUR KIDS working independently for ten whole minutes!!! I wish I had taken a picture, because that's NEVER happened. Typically I'm dealing with one behavior or another and little was accomplished. Today, all four were doing an activity where they rolled a dice and wrote the matching word with it. *grin*

ALL FOUR AT THE SAME TIME. *grin*

I sat there and silently thanked God for that experience. In education it often takes A LONG TIME to see improvement. In my world it's the little things that add up. Truly.

Ten minutes.

It made my day.

Totally.

Praying for something you're not sure you'll see in the future? KEEP PRAYING. He'll answer it in ways you never expected!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME...especially in the little things in life. *grin*

No comments: