Friday, October 13, 2017

"It Gets Better"

Not too long ago I was watching an episode of Ellen and someone asked her what her advice would be for people today. She simply said, "It gets better." I have to agree. Life has ups, downs, and everything in-between. But, in my life, it has always gotten better. *grin* Don't get me wrong, I had an awesome childhood. My parents gave me everything I needed, and still give me unconditional love to this day. However, as an adult, the hits seem harder at times, and negativity can eat you alive. Today though, I was reminded that life does get better. *grin*

Extremely long story told in a Reader's Digest Version, I've had some challenges in various chapters of my adult life. I have always worked hard to look past it, but, sometimes I found myself sad. I wasn't super sad or anything, just felt various feelings due to various events. (Yes, being vague on purpose because the events don't matter for you to understand the point of this post.)

Today I was reminded about Ellen's quote. A friend at work walked up to me and asked me to do lunch. (No kids at school due to Professional Development day) I got to go on an adventure with some work friends, and was a part of something I haven't had in years. I smiled inside more than those lunch friends know. I silently thanked God as we walked back into the school building. *grin* Ellen was right, it does get better. *giggle*

For tonight, I'm thankful for today's lunch. In fact, it was the highlight of my day.

TOTALLY. *grin*

LIFE IS AWESOME!

No comments: