Saturday, December 09, 2017

Dear God

Dear God,
I don't typically post my thoughts and prayers to you, but today I feel like I want to do so. My mind runs especially fast during this time of year, and I think I'm doing so even more this year. There is SO MUCH this side of Heaven I don't understand and simply won't until I'm with You. I love how you know my heart and thoughts before I do, so you know where I'm coming from and I don't have to ponder how to "package" things with you. Truly. *grin*

You took SO MANY good people Home this year, and my heart aches for the families that have this Season without their loved ones. I pray that you will give each family what they need to be at peace with how things are instead of dwelling on how things should be. I have always wondered why we have to lose people we love, and then you'll show me something to remind me that it has to be this way if humans are to continue life on Earth. *grin*

I've also come to believe this year that those of us alive today are here because we're strong enough to still be here. I think about the teens that left us, and can see them welcoming others into Heaven. Each teen you took I can see being amazing there, and the party will be worth waiting for. *giggle*

You've been showing me so much recently that I realize how much I take for granted. I think that's part of the living in America experience, but over and over again I find myself in awe of all you've done for me. My dreams haven't all come to fruition but you've touched my heart in ways that have made me realize how thankful I need to be for what I have. *grin*

I find myself in awe of how much I don't have control of, and how it's been a lifelong experience to let go of those things. You've got everything, I just need to stop and let go. That's hard, and it's a process, but I'm working on it. *wink*

Recently, you showed me how blessed I am to have the people in my world that I do. I am blessed beyond measure. Thank you for each person in my world. You knew who I would need before I did. THANK YOU.

Please give each teacher what they need to get through the next couple weeks. While this time of year is amazing, it has its moments too. Please be with each teacher as we walk through these last couple weeks of the semester. I want to finish the semester strong, and I know all of my colleagues do too. *grin*

I don't know what 2018 has in store for me, us, everyone. At the same time, I have come to a place where I know You have everything in Your hands.

I also have the coolest dog on the planet, so I'm content beyond words. *grin*

I love you, In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen

No comments: