Friday, December 22, 2017

My Favorite Time of Year--Blessed Beyond Measure

So, this week was a whirlwind, and I am blown away by the love that surrounds me on a daily basis. The first part of the week we had school, which was character-building in some ways, but so full of love in other ways. I'm always amazed at how much my students want to bless me at this time of year. While the gifts were fun, the cards and hugs were even better. I was amazed at each of them. I was blessed beyond measure. *grin*

The gift that showed who knows me the most came from my para. She gave me a YARD full of M&M's. Yes, 18 regular packs of M&Ms. I laughed so hard when I saw it. That's what I asked for, Pepsi and M&M's. It's that easy to make me happy. Seriously. *grin* Oh, and I have Pepsi waiting for me too. *giggle*

After kids left Wednesday (They had a half day, we had a full day) we were put into teams to work on various projects. I was amazed at the team I was on. We all would have LOVED to have that time to prepare for grade cards, but, we had Professional Development (PD) instead. I found myself pondering how blessed I am to be on a team of hard working staff members that do what's right consistently. We worked on various tasks and created a gingerbread man with supplies that we were given throughout the afternoon. I'll admit it was fun and we laughed a lot Wednesday afternoon. *grin* There was a contest, of course, and my team WON. *grin* We earned JEAN coupons, which made me grin ear-to-ear. Yes, it is that easy to make me happy. *grin*

I spent all day yesterday in my pajamas, and even took a nap on my couch. I've been in need of some down time and it's always fun when it's a weekday and I'm at home. *giggle* I loved it. Totally.

This morning I got up and saw the new Star Wars film with my brother and sister-in-law. My brother does such a great job of taking care of me, even when I don't ask. I loved the movie and the fact they drove south to see it at a theatre nearby was amazing! It was a lot of fun seeing the movie with the two Star Wars Fans in my family. *grin*

Now I'm cuddling with Jay (in between his trips upstairs) and have a book to finish.

I'm blessed. I love this time of year. Totally. *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.

No comments: