Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas 2017--Love, Laughter, & Family

Today was great from start to finish. I can't believe I'm ready to crash and it's only 10:00, but, then again I love sleep, so it works. *grin*

Today Jay turned 10 YEARS OLD! Yes, he was born on Christmas Day! It's hard to believe that he's ten, as it feels like it was just yesterday I brought him home. *grin* He's been spoiled rotten today, and it's been fun to watch. Not only did I give him birthday & Christmas Gifts, so did my parents, brother, and sis-in-law. *giggle* What can I say? We also bought gifts for their dogs too. Yes, our dogs are well taken care of. *giggle*

I spent the day with my family, and with every passing year, I find holidays even more special because we still have all of my immediate family with us. While the gifts were precious, spending time together was even more important to me. I loved it. It was tons of fun!

I will say it was so much fun to watch everyone open their gifts. I think that's my favorite part of our gift traditions. We take turns and each person opens one at a time. I love the way we do it because we get to see what everyone gets, and it lasts more than five minutes. *grin* I love my family. Truly. *grin*

I came home to cuddle with Jay. He's come and gone from my lap all evening. That's kinda how he rolls, so I love it. *grin* He and I have had fun playing, and I've loved it. The biggest source of joy is when I let him outside. We have enough snow to cover the ground, and he HATES the cold. I will say that I'm enjoying the shorter trips outside. *giggle* He's precious.

So, while I didn't say a lot in this post, it's okay. I wrote it more for me than for you. Every year feels like it goes faster than the last, so I wanted to remember today.

Sidenote: My sister-in-law can make my next birthday cupcakes (or cake)! She makes a mighty chocolate cupcake! *grin*

Tomorrow: I won't set an alarm and I have zero plans. I think I'll stay home in my new Pajamas and hoodie while I read a bit. *giggle*

LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: