Sunday, January 14, 2018

Lessons from Jay

This weekend has been so nice! I love the job I have, truly, but gosh I've enjoyed couch time this weekend. The beauty of it is that I still have the day off tomorrow. *grin* I LOVE THAT! Every once in a while, a day off is a gift. Tomorrow will be a bonus gift since we had a Snow Day last week. *grin* Today I learned something I thought I would share. Read it, don't read it, whatever... This is basically for me more than you. However, I do hope it blesses you if you read it all the way through. *grin*

This morning Jay climbed up in my lap and fell asleep. Words cannot describe how much it touched my heart. I sat and looked at him for a little while, amazed that we've been roomies for 8.5 years and I'm still touched when he climbs up in my lap like that. Mornings are cool like that when I'm at home. In the mornings, he is much more affectionate and at peace. So, yes, mornings are a favorite time of day for me when I'm at home. *grin*

Jay is a rather moveable dog, and throughout the day he comes and goes from my lap. He has the recliner by my couch that is basically his spot. I honestly think it's because the chair is cooler, in temperature, than the couch. *grin*

As I watching the little guy this morning, I pondered how similar I am with God. I love time to just sit and chat with God, but honestly, that chat is continual. I don't always stop to pray, I just continue where I left off in our chat. Perhaps that's weird for you, but that makes it fun for me. *grin*

There are times I can just sit and talk and talk and talk with Him. Then there are other times I go off to do my own thing, but from time to time, I stop and talk to Him. There is one really big difference though between me and God. Okay, a lot of differences, but in relation to this story, He's so much bigger than me. *giggle* Let me explain...

There are moments, like the 5:00-6:00 hour, that Jay is ANNOYING. He knows that's dinner time, and a treat typically follows dinner. He comes and goes from my lap like a yo-yo on a string. Tonight I gave in around 5:40 because he was wearing me out. For him to be coming and going while I was taking care of various tasks on the couch was a pain. Fortunately, we aren't pains to God. *grin*

Sure enough, after dinner, he was back to the recliner to sleep. I just smiled. We're Best Friends, so it's okay to get frustrated every once in a while. Fortunately, I don't think God does that though. *grin*

See, Jay knows that I will ALWAYS make time for him. Truly. God does that too, ALL THE TIME. *grin*

Jay also knows there are moments, like a little while ago, when sitting BY ME and not on me, is what needs to happen. I thought about God as he sat by me. It was perfect, I could be productive, but still have my little buddy by me. I pet him whenever I can and that proves to be helpful during that time. *grin*

Finally, I find it amazing that God continues to use Jay in my life to teach me things about Him. He's ten years old, has been with me 8.5-ish years and continues to teach me things.

I love that! What has God been showing you?

He talks daily, and teaches us all the time. Today, maybe take time to see what He has for you!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME...with God and Jay beside me. *grin*

No comments: