Thursday, June 28, 2018

Relationships Matter to Me. Daily. *grin*

I am not even sure how I want to start this post, but I do want to write because the past few days have really touched my heart in so many different ways. The older I get, the more relationships mean to me. I know that part of it is that I'm getting older. At the same time, I have always valued relationships, friendships, and family. ALWAYS. However, I took a lot for granted when I was younger. This week, well, the people I spent time with will never know how much they mean to me. Truly. I am a blessed gal. This post is more for me than for you, but if you read on, you should know that you bless me. I'm not blogging to get rich, I just enjoy writing and jotting down memories. *grin*

So my week began Last Sunday in Sunday School, with the Special Precious Stones kids. I walked in and two of the kids ran over saying, "Shannon!!!" and grabbed my legs. I laughed and thought, "Boy, if I'm ever feeling down just come to Precious Stones." Hahaha! I loved every moment of it. Those kids are precious! Oh yeah, "Precious Stones!" *grin*

We had VBS Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday night. I loved EVERY moment of it. My church did it in a way that families did it together, with a game night theme. I LOVED IT! I stayed in Precious Stones for the kids to come by and pray and have sensory time. Every night I spent time with someone different, and I walked away each night blessed by each interaction.

Tuesday night when I walked in, one of the pastors said something like, "Jesus shines through you!" and I smiled. He doesn't know me well, but I know him well enough to know he wouldn't say that unless he felt it. It made me smile. *grin*

Each night there was a message, and I thought Pastor Jeremy did a great job in his sermons, that even challenged me as an adult. I remember when I was a kid, the theme to the Game of Life commercial was, "Get a job, get married, have a baby!" In the end, the person with the most "stuff" won. He really challenged me to think about how I live my life and how to "win". It's not about the stuff, it's about Him. While it wasn't NEW to me, it was good to ponder well after the service was over for the evening. *grin* I loved every moment of it. TRULY.

I have been job searching every afternoon possible to look for a job. It's not that I'm fearful, it just takes time and effort to find the right one. In sharing some thoughts about that with a friend at VBS, she said something wonderful. She said she felt that I was going to have in-between jobs before "the" job. I have always felt that too, but what she said next made me smile inside and out.

"Think of all the people you're blessing while you're waiting."

I stopped and smiled. She's right, and it has shifted what I think about being in-between jobs now. I was frustrated that it's taking this long, and I'm not any more. He's teaching me patience and how to Trust Him in the midst of this. I think that's pretty cool.

On Tuesday a friend brought her three kids over, and we had a blast. God has been blessing me in so many precious ways with people supporting me in this season. My friend and her kids were just being themselves, but gosh they bless me more than they'll ever know. I smile just thinking about it. We won't view the tornado warning we had while they were over as a bad thing, but rather a memory where we all sat in the garage while the storm went through. *grin*

Wednesday night after VBS I went and saw Jarassic World with her three "bigs". We call them the bigs because they're teens now, and her others are littles. Bigs is a fitting name, as they are ALL taller than me now. *grin* I loved every moment with them, and even the short chats before and after the movie. I hope to have them over soon. Those bigs have turned into really cool young people.

Before VBS yesterday, I had a friend over for the afternoon, and her support was priceless. She also gave me M&M's and a card that said, "You Got This". Normally, I am supporting her, so it was such a blessing to see Jesus shine through her. *grin*

And of course, I have a friend messaging me as I post this....I'm single, but not alone. I say that a lot, but He's reminding me of it a lot through this season. Truly. *grin*

Now it's time to logoff and get some chores done. I'm preparing to go back to my favorite little piece of Heaven. *grin*

THANKS for reading. Bless you!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!

No comments: