Saturday, August 18, 2018

All The Feels

I should go ahead and start by saying that my interpretation of the phrase "all the feels" refers to feeling the feelings that go along with the experience a person is referring to. *grin* I just looked it up on the Urban Dictionary, and it's actually in reference to a song. I am going to step out of the box and use it to fit emotions with experience. If that's not agreeable to you, you can close this post. *grin* This is more for me than for you anyway. *giggle*

So, the past two weeks have made me feel all sorts of emotions. Or as kids today say, "All the Feels." *grin*

I will just dive in and we'll see where we land. *grin* I feel like this post may be kinda random and out of order. I know, that's odd. *giggle*

So, last week was filled with meetings and my first small group. I loved it. I was happy to be busy, and to finally start doing what I was hired to do. It was GREAT. I also loved rolling into work at 11 because I was off work at 7:45. *grin* I loved it! People don't know me really well yet, and don't understand how much I enjoy PEOPLE. I was pumped for the night and it was amazingly fun!

This week has had busy moments, but I was kinda antsy early in the week. There's so much to learn, but it takes experience to learn it. Working with humans requires that. *grin*

Then Wednesday hit.

Wednesday school started in my previous district. I had all sorts of emotions through me, but no tears. I'm learning that sometimes God moves us, and it just feels right. I had some sweet people message me to check on me, or compliment me, which made me smile. I have to admit though, I didn't wish I was back there. I am free of homework. That means more to me than I can express in words. I am still adjusting to free time during my nights and weekends. *grin* It's been a really cool adjustment to make. *grin*

Not being on school schedule has its ups and downs. I'm still adjusting to the 8-4:30 deal, and the commute, but I do like it. It's cool being able to use the restroom any time and take time off and not need a sub. *grin*

Thursday morning I was reading at my cubicle and my favorite HR gal brought me a "One Month" gift. I still smile thinking about that, because I had been in a small battle of my mind due to school starting. That little gesture reminded me I was where I needed to be. Also during that day, I had two phone calls and my first referral! It's so good to have it getting busier, I was borderline bored. It's an adjustment going from all day everyday with people to a cubicle. However, it's clear that now that school has started, things will get into a swing. I like that! *grin*

Friday we took a field trip to the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia. We took 7 people and we had three staffers. It was my first trip anywhere with the new company. And it was a lot of fun. I wasn't sure what to expect, but, it was really cool. I wound up paired up with a person who walks kinda like me. They reported that they had 1800 people there for the All Access (Special Needs) Day. The buddy I had just wanted to walk around, and it was tons of fun. We walked about 2.7 miles, and enjoyed the sights and sounds. I'll admit that more than once I thought about my friends at school teaching, and was happy right where I was at. *grin*

The drive to and from I sat by a young lady that God is using me to speak into her life. It was pretty cool.

I was supposed to provide respite today (Saturday) for a boy, and the parent canceled. I was kinda sad, but today has been very relaxing. I was worn out yesterday from the walking so the chill day today was cool.

I'm looking forward to this next week. Now that school is in session, things are getting more active at work. I also have my small group this coming week. I also have a women's bible study that I'll be a part of at church. We also have book club this week.

It's gonna be a fun week! Totally!

Life.
Is.
Awesome, even with all the feels throughout the week. *grin*

No comments: