Saturday, August 25, 2018

The Week in Review *grin*

Hello, my friends!

It seems I only blog on Saturdays, and I kinda like it. Trust me, enough stuff happens each day I could blog, but I don't. If you've followed me for any amount of time, you know it's not very regular. Sometimes I blog more, but I think my life is picking up a bit (Yippee!!!) and I'm enjoying life in a new way. *grin* I have a lot going on in my head, so we will see what comes out in this post. *grin* If you're a new reader, thanks for checking the blog out. If you're a regular reader, THANK YOU! From time to time people say that they enjoy reading my ramblings. Honestly, it is more for me than for you, but, I smile when people say they read it. You could be doing anything in your down time, and you're reading my thoughts and feelings. That is special to me. For. Real. *grin*

I had every intention of getting up and being productive today and it's now 4pm and I'm still in my pajamas. I'm working the way through the DVR and relaxing. I have a smidge of a headache, but, it's not too bad. I love Saturdays. Totally.

That being said, I'm enjoying the new adventure of my job. The schedule is picking up, and I'm LOVING that. *grin* I had my first referral return my call, and it's so much fun starting what I've spent the past few weeks training to do. *grin* I haven't met with the young lady yet, but it's so much fun to be preparing to pour into a whole new group of people. *grin* I. Love. It. *grin*

I met with my small group again, and got to know them a little more. I really think I'm going to enjoy pouring into them. In fact, I think I'll look forward to my time with those people. I love that!

You may be wondering, didn't I enjoy my students? OF COURSE! Truthfully, I wake up daily and miss them deeply. However, the longer I'm on this side of teaching, the more I realize how burned out I was without even realizing it. It has made me wonder if that's how burnout works.

I remember my first year of teaching, and we had a teacher on staff who was definitely in need of a change. At the same time, I'm not so sure she recognized it. I remember thinking at that time, "Doesn't she see that she needs to retire?" After the past two years, I get it now. I was coming home exhausted, and honestly a little depressed, I think. I didn't even know it, until now.

The thing is, it wasn't the kids. It was the paperwork. I was spending nights and weekends on paperwork. I didn't realize how much of that I did until now. Now I am jumping into a couple of things wholeheartedly, because I don't have paperwork to take up all that time. Don't get me wrong, there is paperwork in my new job, BUT, they give us time daily to get it done. Period. Life is AWESOME. *grin*

So, Monday night I went to book club, and loved EVERY moment of it. I didn't realize how much I missed those humans, and it was a lot of fun. Last school year I barely went due to paperwork. Now I have more time to read AND attend events at night. *grin* I love it. I already can't wait until the next book club. *grin*

Tuesday night was peer group. I also love how peer group allows me to go in at 11:00am. That makes me smile, with 19 years of the same schedule, it's freeing to be out and about during school hours. I know, sounds strange, but it's almost like I'm healing day after day.

Was I abused? No. But, the past two years had me stuck and I didn't even see it. Healing comes in the most unusual ways. I like it. *grin*

I walked to the mailbox and a former student had sent me the sweetest card! I love that I can still check in with those families even though I'm not part of the school. That made it possible for me to enter this season. All of those kids know I'm here for them & their families. Totally. *grin*

Thursday night I went to be trained to be a leader in our next season of Women's Ministry at church. I didn't do it last year because of the nightly paperwork, and it was so fun to be back in the action Thursday evening. Several ladies said how glad they are that I'm back. I smiled inside and out. I didn't expect to be so excited to be back, but I was SO happy. I left smiling with a shirt that a dear friend bought me. God is so good, and I was reminded of that Thursday night in some very sweet ways. *grin* This upcoming season in that ministry is going to be a lot of fun and I look forward to hearing the stories of the ladies who sit at my table more than I can ever express in words. *grin*

So here I sit, on Saturday, and have pretty much done nothing. I don't know that I'm done with teaching, BUT, I do know that seasons of rest are biblical. *grin* K, gotta go.

Jay wants to cuddle. I happen to love that idea!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!

No comments: