Saturday, September 01, 2018

It's the Little Things in Life...Waze, Laughter, & Concrete

So this week was pretty cool. I will admit, I'm glad we're on a three-day weekend. I like the job, but love the idea of some time with loved ones and sleep. *giggle*

I will say it was a week where I was reminded that it's the little things in life that matter to me. Okay, well, people matter the most to me, but, I had a couple cool things happen that made me smile really big! *grin*

On Wednesday we had an ice cream social during our lunch time. I'll admit, I was going to skip. However, when they had a second announcement about it, I took that as a sign that they were going to have tons of left overs, so I went downstairs to join the fun. Turns out, that was a God thing. I entered and there was music playing and I got in line for the vanilla ice cream. Yes, that's all it takes to make me happy. *giggle* That's not the coolest part though.

I sat down at a table with one of the leaders of the company. We were making small chit chat and we started talking about commuting to work. When he said he and his family lived near me, I asked what route he takes because I'm STILL getting used to the commute. *grin* He mentioned an app that he uses each morning to decide which route to take. He asked me if I had heard of WAZE. I said no. *giggle* He mentioned that it's very helpful and tracks roads in real time. I thanked him for the suggestion. I downloaded it and used it to get home, and was blown away. It literally changes routes based on reported wrecks. I LOVED IT! I saw him the next morning after a delayed trip due to a storm, and said, "That's the coolest app ever!" He laughed. It is so refreshing to know that there are ways around traffic. Go ahead, download it. You're welcome! *giggle*

I also wanted to mention another cool moment at the ice cream social, and it still has me smiling. *grin* See I spend MOST of my time in a cubicle. God is teaching me TONS in that cubical, but that's a different post for a different day. Anyway, I was sitting in the ice cream social and there were people on my team nearby, along with one of the leaders. All of the sudden the music stopped and someone said, "Why did the music stop?" I looked at the clock and then said, "Maybe it's a sign, like 3 minutes to eat and back to work!" Every one laughed. I smiled. Gosh I miss making people laugh like that. I've thought tons about that moment. It was a true highlight of my week. *grin*

Finally, there was a last moment (pertaining to my work week) that is worth noting. So, we have to walk from an employee lot to the building I work in. There is a part of the sidewalk where concrete ended and there were rocks. It was the place where the street sidewalk and the employee lot at work meet. I tried the rocks a couple of times, but quit trying to cross it because it's kinda rough. Sure, it meant a few more steps around, but, I wanted to be safe over sorry. *grin* I didn't say a word to anyone but God. I figured it wasn't a big deal.

During the ice cream social, they came out and asked someone to move their van because they were pouring concrete. I didn't think much of it until I left. THEY PUT CONCRETE WHERE THE ROCKS WERE! Ahhhh! Sure, it meant I had to wait a day for it to dry, but words cannot describe how happy I was to walk on the concrete. I took a picture. Scroll down. I know, it looks like a square of concrete, but well, it meant more than that to me. *grin* I tell ya, it was like God was saying, "Stay the course, you're where I want you to be." I grinned. Big. Time.

So, that is a summary of the week. My favorite camper, Ronni, is here for the weekend so I need to go.

As always, thanks for reading the blog. It blesses me.

TONS.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!

No comments: