Thursday, April 09, 2020

To My Barnabas Family

Dear Barnabas Family,

Today we received news that we won't be going to Camp this Summer. I know we're bummed, but I want to encourage you tonight. I have no doubt that the leaders at Camp wrestled with this decision, and ultimately it was made to HELP US STAY HEALTHY. *grin* It's okay to be bummed though, and it's okay to cry. At the same time, I don't want you to stay sad. This isn't forever, this is for one Summer.

I have thought a lot about camp today. Camp is such a unique place where God's love is physically evident. We will return. I can't give you an exact date, I mean, no one can. But, I do believe that our little piece of Heaven on Earth will return. In the mean time, there is some good news.

We have more technology than ever before. I saw a post earlier this evening of two campers talking to each other via iPads. If you have the ability to reach out to camp friends, I encourage you to do so. I have found a lot of life in online conversations where I can see the person on the other end. It might help you too.

I also encourage you to focus on the good instead of the sad. This season is foreign to everyone, because we've never had this before. Decisions have been made to keep us all safe so that we can return to camp in 2021. Don't focus on what won't happen this summer, but focus on the fact we WILL be back at camp. *grin*

We're family. *grin*

When it's safe, we'll all be back at camp.

And I will be one of the first people to hug your neck. *grin*

Until then, stay safe and positive.

We want you at Camp in 2021.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GOOD!!!!

No comments: