Thursday, March 26, 2020

Random Thoughts for Thursday

So, I could say it was an average day. I got up, worked from home, took Jay on a walk, and relaxed the rest of the evening. All of those are true, but there were a couple memorable moments I want to remember years from now.

The first one was my trip to get milk. I ran out of milk today and my grocery order won't be ready until tomorrow. So, I went out and went to a smaller place for it, thinking it would be fewer people & less exposure to the virus. I was right in that respect, but found it amazing that the handful of us in the store kept a good distance from each other. At one point a guy looked at me and said, "It's a new dance, isn't it?" I laughed and said yes. I look forward to the day when Social Distancing isn't a thing anymore. *grin*

The other thing I want to remember years from now was how special each conversation was today, as I called the peer group to check on everyone. I lost count of how many people said, "Thanks for calling and checking in on me." In one chat, I was laughing so hard at what the other person said that I momentarily forgot why I was calling. So good. We also set a time and day for our next virtual meeting. I love that we have the technology to talk and have live meetings online. That's a gift that we didn't have 20 years ago. *grin*

I don't want to work at home forever, but for now it's perfect.

Have I mentioned how much I love the commute lately? *giggle*

LIFE.
IS.
GOOD.

No comments: