Friday, May 26, 2006

Home

So, tonight I came home. And, well, I mean that in two ways. One, I'm now at the parental unit's house, and got to wear the puppy, Rudy, out. He now sleeps in his box as one content little guy. I had looked forward to that all day.

Secondly, I went to IHOP-KC tonight. Now, for some of you, you're thinking, Pancakes? You went on a road trip for pancakes? Nope, it's a church, for lack of a better term (I'm too tired to really explain it) and I had a blast. Everytime I walk in there, I feel as if I'm home. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not that annoying relative you have that is all religious to the point of being out of reality. I am more grounded than that. However, I do believe everyone needs a place, whether it be church, or homegroup, or bible study, or whatever, that they can connect with God. Sorry if this offends, but this is me. Anyway, tonight, I went to service and God spoke loud and clear to me. I love that!!! I have missed that. I love my church at home, but there's something about how God moves at IHOP that moves my heart. Anyway, tonight was great. Very good. It is always good to just get away for a while....

In other news, I was at a workshop this morning, and as it turns out, one of my old professors from college taught it, which was a kick! So, it looks as if I may get to be a guest speaker at my old college! Yippee! This pleases my heart, as I have spoken out at our rival college for years, and have felt a twinge of guilt because I wasn't speaking at my old stomping grounds! Cool, eh?

Well, I need to crash. English teachers, please do not re-read this and look for grammatical or spelling errors, as I'm so tired I'm sure this is one I'll read tomorrow and see the mistakes I made. :-)

Have a great day!

No comments: