Saturday, July 29, 2006

Dishes

So, it's been weeks since I've posted. I am one of those people who tend to hibernate when I am pondering tough stuff. A friend of mine and I both hurt each other pretty badly earlier this month and I took time away from blogging to ponder and such, and I am back now. Granted, I'm not sure many people read this, but I am back!

So, here's my latest pondering, dishes. Now, to me, dishes are a part of life. You eat and drink everyday and your dishes get piled up in the kitchen. So, at the end of the day, you wash the dishes and let them dry overnight and put them away and start over each day and do it all over again the next day. That's life. So, I go over 3 days a week to tutor Jay, and from the table I sit at, I noticed something: they don't do dishes. Yeah, they are a fairly rich family, so they hire someone to come in and do it for them. So, on Monday when I go to tutor, their kitchen looks awful! The dishes are so high that you can't see the sink itself! Now, here's the thing, everyone in the home has two arms and hands, just as I do, but noone thinks twice as they put their stuff in the sink. It saddened me, in a sense. But, it made me realize something. Everyone can impact you, positively or negatively, and well, I don't want to be lazy like that. Dishes are just dishes, but they speak louder than that. As always, perspective is everything. Yes, I guess I do think too much at times, but that's okay, at least I have a clean kitchen.

I guess that's about it for now.

TAKE CARE OF YOU! :-)

No comments: