Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sunday School!

I tell ya what, I miss teaching kids. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't miss the lesson planning, grading papers, or being up at 6am to be at work by 7:30am, but I miss the kids. So, last Sunday when I taught Sunday School, I HAD A BLAST! I t ell ya, there's just something about teaching "regular" kids that re-energizes me. I teach Special Education during the school year, so to be in a room full of kids who can read and write blesses me! I had such a fun time last week I told my pastor's wife after it was over, "I wish I had one more week with the kids because I am not done with this topic." She turned to me and said, "So, you wanna be back here next week too?" Now normally I would've kicked into my selfish side and thought "I want to be in the congregation next week", but that didn't happen. I turned to her and said, "yeah, I do." Today I got up and was pumped about teaching. This month I began being in charge of the older kid's curriculum and lessons, which is a stretch for me, but I am enjoying it. Of course, it's easy right now without a job to go to everyday. Anyway, I LOVED today. I've been at this church a little over a year now, and I finally see some real growth in these kids. They're now praying for one another, and are asking for prayer too. I love it! It's so exciting! Kids...they're jewels...complete jewels. :-)

I am also still tutoring my autistic student three times a week as well. His parents were afraid if we took the summer off just as we did last summer it would be hard to get him back in the swing of things in the fall. I am thankful for this, as Jay is a bright spot in my life. Kids...aren't they great?

So, I guess that's about it for now.

Have a terrific day!

TAKE CARE OF YOU!

No comments: