Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Life Lessons and Perspectives

Greetings from Missouri!

I tell ya, this is my third day off from teaching, and I am enjoying it. I haven't done a whole lot, but it's been nice. Sleeping in has been my favorite part. I'm one of those people who stays up late and sleeps late if I don't have anywhere to be the following day. :-) Yeah, sleep...it's free, takes no energy, and you can sleep any time of the day! I tell ya, this teacher gig is working for me! :-)

In other news, I heard from Z-boy's Mom this evening. They have put him on medication, as he went to the doctor today. I am thrilled, and find it ironic that he's on meds AFTER I am done teaching him for Summer School. Irony, I tell ya! However, his Mom was very thankful for all I've done for him...I felt blessed. I only planted a seed, but it's one I know will last a lifetime for the kid. Yep, that's the reason we do this job!

The only drawback to this break so far has been that a friend of mine and I seem to have parted ways. I am saddened by this, as it's someone who blesses me beyond measure daily. I know conflict is a part of life, but I hate it. I'm one of those people who wants everyone to get along, and for me to stay out of the conflict. I truly believe perspective is everything, and I am praying that both of us have a perspective check and don't lose ground. However, if we do, I think it's all a life lesson for me. I can let it get me down, or I can view it as a lesson from God. I'll go with the lesson from God perspective...

Well, I've rambled on long enough!

Have a terrific day!

TAKE CARE OF YOU! :-)

No comments: