Friday, July 07, 2006

Swimming!

I tell ya, I am LOVING this whole time off stuff! I took my adopted nephew, Jake, swmming yesterday at the pool. And, it has diving boards, and we had the BEST time! I tell ya what, it was a hoot watching this kid be able to go off the HIGH dive, while I was a chicken and only did the low dive. I love to dive though, and so it was a really fun time for both of us! I tell ya, this teaching gig is working for me. hehehe

I got up early today (Yeah, ouch, I'm used to sleepin' in now!) and went to a reception for teachers. I tell ya what, I am fortunate to live in a community that values what teachers do. I wound up speaking on the radio (it was an AM station for 30 seconds, not exactly a biggie!) and we had our pictures taken for the paper. :-) It was a hoot! I hope where you live teachers are held in such high regard as they are here. With all the hats we wear, I feel it's one of the toughest jobs in the world.

So, now that I've rambled, my couch is calling my name!

We are having my other adopted nephew, Austin, tonight. I can hardly wait! I'm such a kid at heart!

TAKE CARE OF YOU! :-)

No comments: