Monday, June 25, 2007

Random Ramblings

I find it hard to believe that we're down to 4 days of Summer School. What is up with that? I mean, this Summer is flying by faster than I ever expected! Which is a good thing, but I was looking at the calendar today and I thought, "Wow, June's almost over." I guess time flies when you're having fun!



Today I played "Horse" with my kids before we did Four Square. The kids apparently wanted to branch out into a new game, and I started to shoot hoops with them. Austin turned to me and said, "Wow, you really know how to shoot!" I smiled. I didn't go on to tell him that my abilities don't go much further than a rousing game of "Horse". He doesn't need to be bothered with little details like that. :-) And while we didn't finish the game of "Horse" as we wound up doing 4 Square instead, I was winning the game at the time we quit. I plan on using that to pick on my students tomorrow. hehehe



Tonight I visited a place I used to call Home. It was....different but cool. I find it amazing how you live through different seasons of your life and certain people walk beside you during each season of your life. I sat there and pondered how special some of those people are to me. I don't see them anymore, but as I sat there, I remembered where I started before I wound up where I am today, and felt blessed. Each person can really impact our lives in a positive way if we let them.



And what was even more special was the fact that one of the people there is a new adopted Mom in my life. As I shared last night, God has really blessed me with some special families that are opening their hearts up to me and letting me in. Tonight Regina was there, and it really blessed me. I watched her and thought about how we all need someone to look up to and respect in a special way. Regina and Karen both have that place in my heart. Regina has blessed me numerous times and she just recently adopted me. She said to me very early on in our friendship, "I'm your Spiritual Mom" and I felt blessed from the moment she said that.



I walked through something a few years ago where I was looking up to some people who weren't what I thought they were, and so I have been very cautious in who I let intot hat spot again. And tonight I sat there and (once again) felt blessed that I have Regina and Karen in my life.



Who would've thought it? Two really cool days in a row. Go figure...



Life is good.

No comments: