Wednesday, July 11, 2007

T-LA

I know, you're thinking, "Shortone, where have you been?"

I have been a student for the past 2 days! I finally have a laptop of my own (Okay, okay, it's the property of the school district, but mine for all practical purposes!) and have sat in classes the past 2 evenings learning about technology.

They gave us these spiffy little laptops, and bags and then we sit and "play" on them for 5 hours each night. It's been pretty cool. Granted, most of what they've taught so far I could already do, but I think tonight begins the more in-depth stuff. I'm excited. :-)

At this moment, there's a catch to it all. I can't use it at home for internet stuff because my home isn't wireless. I'm going to go today and see exactly how much it would cost to get a wireless setup. I live out in the middle of nowhere, so it's not like it's as easy to access as people who live in town. But it's free at school and around town at various restaurants and other locations, so I can still use it.

I'm not complaining though. I get to learn a lot and have a laptop for my own use.

Yippee skippee!

Later!

1 comment:

Ms. Longhorn said...

OOOH! Free things are always so much fun! Enjoy it!