Sunday, September 23, 2007

Finding peace in a storm...

I tell ya, this weekend has gone differently than I expected. I got home Friday night and had some conflict with a really good friend. I hate conflict. Let me say it again...I HATE CONFLICT. I am typically an easy-going, peaceful kind of gal.
So Friday night when words were said toward me, with my friend walking out, I sat there and prayed.

I hate conflict.

So today I went to church and the conflict was heavy on my heart. My friend and I haven't talked since she walked out, so nothing has been resolved. I went to pre-service prayer and got alone with God. I mean, everyone else was praying out, and I was just with God.

I started crying... Not sobs, but tears. I was alone with God, and it was a very good thing.

I entered the sanctuary after ending my prayer time with the Lord. And, Martha Lee walked up to me.

She looked at me and I started crying. She held me. Didn't say a word, just held me.

Normally, I'm not one to cry. I"m a "suck it up and deal with it" kind of gal.

But the crying released something in me. I felt better.

Then Laura arrived and just being around her cheered me up. We wound up doing lunch afterward and I was blessed to get to hang out with her. Probably my favorite thing we do is pray together. After lunch, we sat in my car and talked, and then prayed.

For the first time since the conflict, I felt peace.

So as I sit here with the Prayer Room in my ear, I feel better than I have since Friday night.

As for the conflict, well, it's still unresolved.

But God is with me and I'm surrounded by friends who are praying with me and love me.

I am a blessed gal...

Have a great day, whatever you may be doing...

Thanks for reading!

No comments: