Saturday, September 22, 2007

Story of the Week!

So, I have just spent the afternoon working on the P.D. Plan, and I'm done for the day. Sure, I could work on grades or database or IEP's, but I've opted to take the rest of the day off. I will be working all afternoon tomorrow to get everything done, but that's okay. Sundays are turning out to be working afternoons. Not a bad deal. I spend the afternoon working with the Prayer Room going...works for me! I've had the Prayer Room in my ear this afternoon and have enjoyed it, so it's not as if I'm being tortured. :-)

So, I have decided to share my funny story of the week. In the world of education, each day contains a humorous line or phrase that I need to start writing in my quote book. (I've said that for years, but well, perhaps this is an avenue to do that!) So, I thought I would share my Story of the Week...

I pick up Ben at the end of the day to take him to the Special Education Bus. Ben is in Kindergarten and is not on my caseload, but I get the priveledge of being with him about 5 minutes each day. I love this kid. He is probably the cutest kid we have in Kindergarten this year. Well, maybe I'm biased but he really is cute. Ben is really small for his age. I know, Kindergarten kids are small, but this kid is REALLY small. Which is part of why he's so cute...

So, everyday at lunch a student is chosen for an interview. This tactic is actually used to get the kids quiet and to eat during lunch. Yep, it's manipulation, but it works. The interviews are typically short and to the point. So, Ben was chosen. Ben never talks, and the quietest kids are the ones who get chosen for the interviews.

And Ben was asked what he wanted to be when he grows up. Most kids, even in Kindergarten, want to be a fireman, policeman, doctor, etc.

Guess what Ben said...

"BIG!"

Well, hey, it's always good to have a goal!

Have a great day...whatever you may be doing...

Thanks for reading!

No comments: