Sunday, September 16, 2007

Loved very well...

So, while I REALLY miss the Prayer Room, I can honestly say I love my church family. I have done a lot of thinking this past week about how far I've come in the past 4 years. I discovered IHOP-KC in 2002, and over time it has become a very special place to me.

I go deep there.

God talks to me there in a way He doesn't anywhere else it seems.

So, while I go deep in God there, I don't have a lot of relationships there. It's sort of a trade off for me. (With the exception of last weekend)

So this morning I woke up and while I was excited to see my church family today, I was sort of down. I knew worship wouldn't be the same here as it is there, and so it always makes my first Sunday after IHOP kind of hard. The music portion of the service is typically my favorite part of the whole thing. So I was sort of down...

But, as always, I prayed and went to church. I always go to pre-service prayer before service. And, I'll be the first to admit, I wasn't "into" it. I was there in body, but my heart wasn't there.

And of course, God gave someone in the group a word for me.

Go figure.

I'm down, and God speaks through Regina into my life. Martha Lee is sitting next to me, and takes my hand. I'm not alone. I'm loved VERY well...

This isn't normal. Regina loves me, but it's not normal for a word to come forth for me. It happens for other people, but not me...wow...my spirits were lifted.

Then I went to service, and Laura was already waiting for me. In a season of singleness and (often) loneliness, Laura was there.

We went into worship and I was frustrated.

Sing.
Stop.
Sing.
Stop.

At IHOP, we just go forward...no stop button. I was frustrated....

Then Karen got up to share a word, and it was right what I was telling God, and I was like, "Okay, God, I surrender..."

Tears fell. Not sobs, just tears. And I felt better.

Laura turned to me and said, "Are you okay?" It felt great to have a friend there for me. I didn't share with her what was happening, it was too much at the moment.

But just the thought someone was there for me reminded me how much I'm loved even in this never-ending (it seems) season of singleness.

Then my pastor gets up to preach. Last week he used me as an example in his sermon (While I had powdered sugar on my cheek, noone told me! But that's beside the point...). And, once again, I was called up front with others to help with an illustration.

As I looked out among the congregation, I thanked God for placing me there. I am loved by so many in that church, unconditionally. It wasn't a huge illustration or anything, but God used that to show me how loved I am.

So even as I sit here, with Misty Edwards singing from the prayer room into my ear, I am thankful.

I may be single,
But I am loved very well...

Thank God.

Thanks for reading my ramblings...
Have a great day, whatever you may be doing...
Later!

No comments: