Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A true friend...

I met with someone today who loves me very much. No, stop reading into it...not a date. I met with a friend. And, we usually joke and laugh. But, today I was challenged. She spoke truth into my life, and while it was hard to hear, it was a gift. I sit right now in the Prayer Room in KC, and am in a rather reflective mood...go figure. I'm in my favorite room on the planet, and I feel reflective...seriously...

I've been walking in some serious, heavy stuff. Well, serious and heavy to me. Not Cancer, not life or death, so it's not that heavy, but I have been pondering life quite a bit.

I don't care how old you are, I think we're all on this journey to figure out who we are, and how we fit into this big world. I know I've spent a great deal of time lately reflecting on who I am, and who I want to be.

Today I had someone speak into my life as to what she's seeing within me, and what there can be if I reach for it. I felt blessed because she cared enough about me to share her heart like that. I could tell she was hesitant...and by the end of it, I had tears streaming down my cheeks.

Someone spoke life into my life... For that I feel blessed.

I plan on spending the day with the parental unit tomorrow, but will return here Friday and Saturday. Stay tuned for my latest thoughts and ponderings!

Later!

No comments: