Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Full Moon

For all of you who think the whole idea that when it's a full moon people are different is just a superstitution, you need to enter the world of Education. Kids are different. Adults are different. Things are different.

I made 2 kids cry today.

Well, not really.

They made choices that I had to hold them accountable on, and it made them cry.

The sad thing is, the more I teach the more I accept days like today as just a day. I remember my first year in education, and I was this super-nice, walk-all-over teacher. Now I'm okay with holding them accountable. And if they should cry, so be it.

They will live. And so will I.

You wanna know the weirdest part?

Sometimes you gotta make them cry to make them stop that particular behavior.

I'm sure glad each day is a new day.

I'm not sure I'd be fired up about another day like today.

Time to leave today.

Time to think only about tomorrow.

Later!

1 comment:

Ms. H said...

I TOTALLY agree with the full-moon theory.
I've lived it during the res-life years...and am living it with these children currently. Not to mention this dog of mine!!

You made 2 kids cry?! Two? GO YOU!!