Monday, January 28, 2008

He's back...well, he's supposed to be...

So I got a tidbit of good, good news. Supposedly one of my former students will be returning to my classroom. I can't remember if I have nicknamed him or not on my blog, but Haircut kid is supposedly coming back to my class. Haircut kid was a kid who I connected with early in the school year because I basically bribed him to get a haircut. His hair came down over his eyes, so I could never see his eyes. My heart leapt for this kid, as he's really a struggling reader, writer, and mathematician, and yet my goal each day was to make him smile.

So in the fall, he moved out of the district, and my heart sank. I received word he's returning. I can't wait!

We shall see what happens, he was supposed to be here today.

He never showed.

You might say a prayer for Haircut kid...I imagine his homelife is the pits.

Later!

No comments: