Saturday, August 21, 2010

Chapters...

I tell ya what, today was one fun day for me!

I went down to Joplin and helped my friend Karen get moved into her new place. I don't typically help people move just because I don't have a lot of physical balance to do that. I can move my stuff okay because I am in charge of packing boxes that I can carry. Most people can carry a lot more than me, so I usually skip helping people move since everyone else has heavier boxes. Today was different though.

A little over a year ago, Karen helped me move TWICE! Yep, she helped me move once to Joplin and then she helped me get settled in here in July of last year. I honestly don't know how I would have handled the first move if Karen hadn't been there encouraging me, as only Karen can. I probably would have been fine, but Karen nudged me more than once and helped me keep from breaking down and crying. I doubt she knows that, but it's true. She is a very special friend to me. Not just because she helped me move, but well, due to her help last year, I really wanted to be there for her today.

I got there as they arrived at her new place. At first I stood around directing traffic. Then I realized that I could be the one to make more room inside the new place while the rest of the stuff was brought in. So, that's what I did. I had a lot of fun helping, and more than once I smiled and/or hugged Karen to encourage her just as she did with me. It was really cool!

After everything was brought in, Karen and I sat and chatted for a bit. I love just sitting and talking to Karen. She has such wisdom and insight. I also noticed that I was encouraging her more today than ever before, which is one of my FAVORITE things to do! It was cool!

The day ended with dinner at Olive Garden. Olive Garden is where Karen and I ALWAYS go, and we typically enjoy a two-to-three hour meal while we talk about love, life, and everything in between. Tonight was special, as we discussed her new chapter in her life, and how she is finally going to be walking in the destiny that God has for her! Tears were shed, but they were good tears.

I am so excited for Karen. I remember my first night of this Chapter of my life and how it was full of so many emotions. I'm so proud of her for taking steps forward instead of staying stuck where she was at. She's now headed for a new Chapter of Hope and love, just like I found in mine in here L.S.

*grin*

Life.
Is.
GOOD!

No comments: