Friday, August 20, 2010

The Silver Lining

Today was a really cool day.

First off, my schedule is kinda set up, so I'm feelin' pretty good. Granted, we need to go through next week to see if it works, but at least I have a tentative schedule now. You wouldn't think scheduling would be so hard, but for a Special Educator, it is tough every year. Needless to say, I'm happy about the schedule!

Secondly, my prayers last night regarding an issue were answered this morning before the 8:45 bell rang! I was so happy! The team I'm on is a very hard-working crew, and I was grinning ear-to-ear as everyone worked together. While I'm still praying through the initial disappointment in one person's actions, it's okay. A student is now being taken care of appropriately, and that's all that matters.

Finally, the highlight of my day was after school. My new student missed the bus after school, and as I came in after car-rider duty, I saw him sitting in the office. I walked over and made small-talk at first, and then sat down. I think we sat and chatted for twenty minutes. He's a really, really nice kid. I understand what his former school meant when they said he's a great kid, you just have to give him time to get to know you. I realize I don't really know him, I mean there is still a lot to learn about each other, but it was the longest chat I've had with him so far.

A bus arrived to take him home, and after he left, I was walking back to my room and was thankful he missed the bus. While I'm sure he would have rather been home with his Playstation (one of the tidbits I learned about him), I wouldn't have gotten to know him today if he'd made it to the bus on time. Seems to me that God worked that into my day, as well as his, on purpose!

Cool.

*grin*
Life.
Is.
Good.

No comments: