Thursday, August 19, 2010

Disappointment

Tonight I will be honest and say that I'm really disappointed in a situation that has unfolded in front of my eyes. I realize we're in a fallen world, and people aren't perfect. I also realize that God has matured me into the person I am today and I am called to a higher purpose. Therefore, I am held to a higher standard.

Part of me HATES that. I really, really, really want to let a person know what I'm thinking and feeling. However, that will not do any good, and will only produce drama. As I have pondered everything tonight, I also know that I'm called not to be divisive in the situation either. And, my flesh REALLY wants to get in the middle of everything and let EVERYONE know what is up.

I won't though.

I will walk through my day tomorrow, and say very little to the person involved. Then I will take the weekend and take a step back and will most likely see how immature I am being.

That being said, disappointment is hard.

Tonight I have thought about how my job in Joplin was less dramatic, how I miss all those incredibly hard-working people.

I have also thought about camp, and how I don't want to lose the softness in my heart that I gained out at camp. I really allowed my heart to be open in ways it hasn't been since I moved here last year.

So, tomorrow is Friday. Space and time will help.

And God will guide me EVERY step of the way!

Hum...

Life.
Is.
Good...even when you're sad...

1 comment:

Shiela said...

Nice one!
Good luck to your days, keep the wonderful perspective!