Friday, October 29, 2010

AGAIN!!!

This morning I was sitting in my classroom doing paperwork. It was quiet and I was getting a lot of stuff done as my students were with their regular classes for most of today. A teacher came in and asked if I would help with the Kindergartener again. She told me what he had done, but I honestly can't remember what she said. All I knew was that the goal was to get him out of the classroom again. As I walked, I silently prayed. *grin*

I walked into the classroom, and my principal was in there with him. When I walked up, she left. I immediately started voicing and signing again. Initially, it didn't work. He was working very hard at ignoring me. He picked up a folder, and started to color on it. I calmly put it back in his desk, without saying a word. Then he started coloring HIS DESK. I calmly took the crayons away. I didn't say a word during this time. (This is something that often works out at camp.) After taking the crayons away, I signed for him to "stand". Then, I voiced and told him it was time to get up and walk. Then he mumbled something. I asked him to repeat it, and he said he didn't want to leave his classroom. I explained that we had to leave the room for a little while and then he could go back. At that point, he stood up, and we WALKED out of the classroom!

We entered the hall, and I had no idea where the teacher was that requested I get him out of class. So, we started walking. As we almost turned the corner to her classroom, she saw us! In the end, I got to spend 15 minutes with him while he worked on his books. He's a neat kid!

Two days in a row God used me with that kid! I love it!

I think it's cool when God orchestrates things in such a way that you get to know someone that you wouldn't have gotten to know otherwise. Those 15 minutes were precious to me today.

*grin*

Life.
Is.
GREAT.

No comments: