Monday, October 18, 2010

Pondering........

Yesterday and today I have been pondering something. I have blogged about it before, several times, but once again I was challenged this past weekend with something.

This past weekend was a conference weekend at IHOP-KC. Typically I attend several services during a conference weekend, but that wasn't the case this past weekend. I am preparing for parent/teacher conferences, and did a lot of work this weekend.

I will admit, I did go into the Conference Center at one point to use the Restroom. Other than that, I stayed in the shuttle and had a GREAT time. After driving shuttles for about seven hours, I parked my shuttle and got ready to leave. I put the clipboard, keys, and radio in the office and checked my backpack to make sure I had my cell phone. I didn't see it, so I went back out to the shuttle to make sure I hadn't left it there. I saw some people crossing the parking lot and headed toward the Conference Center. I knew before they even got to me that they were going to ask to pray for me. People who come to the conferences ALWAYS want to pray for me because of the limp. Over the years I've had MANY people stop me and want to pray for me.

As it turned out, I was right. Two ladies walked up to me as I was about to go back into the shuttle office to put keys up and check my backpack again. I was kind, let them talk, and sure enough, they asked if they could pray for me. Now, I believe that their hearts were somewhat in the right spot. So, I let them pray. I always get caught in that "I don't want to hurt their feelings" spot, and let people pray even when I'm not up for it.

They began praying, and a prophetic word came forth that was really cool. I was grinning ear-to-ear. Then, it happened. The phrase that I HATE when people pray over the CP. "Heal her body so she can be whole." I always stop when people say that. (If you're a regular reader of the blog, you can stop reading here, you know what's coming!)

I wanted to tell her I'm already WHOLE. I live on my own, pay my own bills, teach little people, and am enjoying my life! Ugh. I wanted to tell her that I was chosen to walk out life this side of Heaven with CP, and IT'S NOT SLOWING ME DOWN!!! God uses it DAILY with my students. DAILY!!! God chose me because He knew I could do it!!! (Ask Ms. H. She has plenty to say on the subject! *grin*)

Of course, my typical response was to just let her finish. Then I prayed over them and they left.

There are days I want to yell at people to look past the limp, because there is a WHOLE LOT more to me than the way I walk!

Anyway, that's what I was pondering today. *grin*

By the way, the cell phone was in the bag, it just wasn't in the pocket I had checked. Hum...

Life.
Is.
GOOD WITH THE LIMP!!! *grin*

No comments: