Friday, December 10, 2010

Donorschoose.org

I was talking to my Mom tonight on the phone, and after talking to her it became very apparent that I didn't explain donorschoose.org very well last weekend. I shared about what Borders was doing, but not about what you can do TODAY to support ANY school you like!

See, you can go to donorschoose.org, and you find a project that you like, and you can donate for that classroom to get the supplies that they are asking for. You can give ANY amount! It's really cool!

I will admit, prior to the Borders promotion last weekend, I didn't know a thing about it. (I don't watch Oprah, but I guess donorschoose.org is one of her "favorite things.") After I heard of the promotion last week, I went in to the site, and proposed to get my classroom a projector so I can shine computer-created lessons up on the wall. It would also be useful with our district's CPS system. The next thing I want to propose for on the site is a SmartBoard. I learned last weekend that you have to ask for lower cost items first, and work your way up. *grin*

So, you're wondering, what happens when it's fully funded? Once that happens, they send it to me, along with a "Thank You" packet as well. It's up to my students and me to write thank you letters, and (With parental permission, of course.) take pictures of the kids saying "Thanks."

Yep. That's it. How cool is that?

So if you would like to give to my project (I've had 6 donations so far!) you can go to the site: http://www.donorschoose.org/shannon.springer

Honestly, if you don't want to give to mine, but find another project you want to give to, that is cool too. The donorschoose site said that on average teachers spend $40 per month on their classroom. Isn't that amazing?

Think about it. It's really fun to bless those around you!

*grin*
Life.
Is.
Good.

No comments: