Wednesday, January 26, 2011

THE MAILBOX

Today I had a really mixed day and wasn't really sure what to make of it. It wasn't horrible, but it had a few rough spots that left me scratching my head. Honestly, it's the first weird day that I've had like this in a long time, so I am blessed. Some people wrestle everyday, and I don't. *grin*

Anyway, after I came home and let Jay out, I went to the mailbox. In the mailbox was a card from a friend in Joplin. January is fun for me because I send Christmas Cards out in December, and I usually get about 8 or 10 cards from people in January. Today I received an unexpected card.

The card came from a teacher friend in Joplin, and it was hand-written. That always blesses me when people take time to HAND WRITE a card. I also found it sweet that she made note on it that she wrote it on a Snow Day! The letter itself was incredible, but she also included a picture of her son as well. Her son, named Connor, was one of my favorite kids at school. He wasn't in my program, but would come by after school every once in a while and we would talk about BASKETBALL. Connor is a really neat person and I even went to a couple of his basketball games when he was in Elementary School. It was really special to me. I went to a baseball game of his too, now that I think about it. Connor was a really neat kid, and I have prayed off and on for him over the years. He was really special to me.

Tonight when I read the card, it said that he is doing well and playing basketball right now at school. I can't tell you how excited I was to hear that! I'm not surprised, it just made me smile when I read that. After reading the card and seeing the picture of Connor, my weird day seemed like nothing at all.

All because of what I found at the mailbox.

I love it.

LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!

No comments: