Thursday, January 27, 2011

SMILES

Have you ever had someone tell you something, and even after a day, or a week, it still brought a smile to your face? If you haven't, I feel bad for you, because it's a really cool feeling. I have had one of those that has lasted for a couple weeks, and I think it will continue to make me smile.

My para has a son with Down's. C.J. is an incredibly neat young man. I have seen a couple movies with him and my para, and they have come over to play Wii before. C.J. even attended Camp Barnabas during Term 7 last Summer, the same time I was there. It was really cool!

Recently RockStarPara invited me to see a Chris Tomlin concert in March with them. I was very excited about the being invited, and I am REALLY looking forward to the concert. It will be a good time.

RockStarPara told me that earlier this week she was talking to C.J. about the concert, and C.J. started calling me "ShannonCampBarnabas." That just made me grin ear-to-ear. She said he had called me that before in conversation but now it's an official nickname around her house. I have to admit, that made me REALLY happy.

Every once in a while I think about it and smile. The amazing part is that I haven't actually heard C.J. call me that, but because I have been around him a few times, I can hear him say it. And that is absolutely PRICELESS to me!

I love it when God does that. He just drops a little blessing in our lives that is unexpected, and it costs nothing but is so absolutely special to us. I know for me, ShannonCampBarnabas is incredibly cool to me, and only God knew how cool that would be to me.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!

No comments: