Sunday, January 09, 2011

Regina

Today I was enormously blessed by one of my Spiritual Moms, Regina. A few years ago, I was a part of a Small Group that Regina led. During that short season, I learned a great deal about the Lord. The season was brief and I moved into a different small group, but I can still remember nuggets of what the Lord taught me through Regina. A few times since that season I have been blessed to hear her preach. She is a very strong woman of God, and I always feel enormously blessed by the Lord when I get to be in a meeting where she is preaching. Today I got to do just that.

There is a church in Independence that had Regina preach this morning. The church is only about 30 minutes from my house, and I have to admit, I WAS SO EXCITED to get to go hear her preach!!!

While not EVERY part of her sermon was for me, there were plenty of parts that I felt were for me. Honestly, I have been in a season where sermons haven't been hitting me at all, so this morning was incredibly refreshing. It isn't that I have been completely dry because I always connect more with God in worship music than in sermons, but I have been in a place where I've been asking God for sermons such as this morning. And today He answered my prayer.

Regina preaches things that often hard to hear, but it is clear she's preaching the Word of the Lord every time. I always walk away from a sermon like today's being reminded that God calls each of us to different things, and talks to each of us individually. Regina is called to the Nations, and it is inspiring to hear her stories. But, the cool thing is that her sermon today could apply to those headed to the Nations, or those of us headed into a school building tomorrow. VERY COOL.

Once again, I THANK YOU GOD FOR REGINA.

Selfishly, I hope she comes back soon. *grin*

Life.
Is.
GREAT.

No comments: